- Editor Rating
- Rated 3 stars
- Livpure Touch 2000 RO Water Purifier
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- BuildEditor: 80%
- TechnologyEditor: 60%
- DesignEditor: 60%
- ServiceEditor: 50%
- PriceEditor: 50%
Livpure Touch 2000 RO Water Purifier Review: Livpure Pvt. Ltd have launched a series of products (water and air purifiers) in 2016 and they plan to expand the distributor and service network across pan India. Sachin Tendulkar has been chosen the brand ambassador for Livpure products and this has generated tremendous buzz and curiosity among customers. We’ve got our hands around the Livpure Touch 2000 RO water purifier and here’s a honest review.
Build: Livpure Touch 2000 RO is made with food grade, non-toxic, engineering grade plastics. Such plastic is considered nontoxic and BPA free, this keeps the water bacteria free even when stored for longer duration. The device weighs less than 9 KG’s, thanks to the high quality materials used. Outer body is ergonomically built and sealed to prevent any visible clutter of pipes or wires.
Technology: Livpure Touch 2000 RO water purifier has an advanced 7 stage purification technology that includes RO + UV purification methods and a water taste enhancer. 6 or 7 levels of purification should not be the deal breaker as these are just marketing tricks, the purified water is safe as long as the device is free from ozone and is equipped with RO +UV purification technology including a pre filter. The tiny LCD screen on the body is useful to display the customer service number, device current status, waterometer (liters of water purified), filter life and the volume of water consumed, this feature helps in monitoring the real filter life.
Water Purification Stages:
1. Pre Filter: The water from tap is first filtered through Pre Filter. It removes physical impurities.
2. Sediment Filter: Sediment Filter removes coarse and fine suspended dirt impurities from water.
3. Pre Activated Carbon & Absorber: It adsorbs residual chlorine and hazardous impurities like pesticides, herbicides , THM’s etc. from water. It also adsorbs bad taste, color and odor causing organic compounds from water.
4. Antiscalant Filter: The Antiscalant Filter chelates scale causing salts in water to prevent scaling on membrane layers. It results in improved purification capacity and increased life of membrane.
5. Reverse Osmosis (RO) Membrane: The water is passed through RO membrane at high pressure, RO Membrane removes Bacteria, Virus, Protozoa and reduces Dissolved Salts, Hardness, Pesticides and heavy metals from water like Arsenic.
6. Ultra Violet (UV) Disinfection Column: Ultraviolet radiation disinfects the water from water borne disease causing bacteria, virus and protozoa, thereby making it microbiologically safe to drink.
7. Silver Impregnated Post Carbon Cartridge: It enhances the taste and quality of purified water by removing volatile organic impurities
When compared to Livpure Touch 2000 plus series, the 2000 series misses out on the ultra filtration (UF) cartridge.
The water purifier is equipped with taste enhancer which is recommended for water with less than 100 score of TDS (Total Dissolved Solids). Make sure you check the TDS levels of water before you turn on the taste enhancer as the water purifier skips the antiscalant and RO purification process if the taste enhancer is turned on.
Water flow rate is impressive at 15 liters per hour even with the 7 stage purification system and has a maximum capacity of 75 liters per day.
I like the smart water dispensing technology which can be enabled in a single touch, this feature is very handy when you have a glass or bottle set of the same size or volume, you just need to feed the setting once and every next time you just need to touch the glass or bottle button if you need a glass or bottle of water.
Design: Livpure Touch 2000 RO water purifier is ergonomically designed with neat and elegant finishes. The design is almost flawless except for the unappealing control panel, which doesn’t blend really well with the design. The compact water tank of 8.5 liters has contributed to the brilliant product exteriors, the device does not look bulky or huge and makes it a focal point of the kitchen. I also like the water disposal compartment which is blended within the product, this ensures a neat finish to the exterior of the water purifier and avoids the need of having a popped out tap to dispense water.
Service & Price: Livpure is relatively a new name in the water purifier market when you compare it to Aquaguard, Kent or Pureit brands. Livpure has a 365 day customer service hotline to answer or offer any product help. The Livpure website is not updated with the store list (at the time of writing this post), the search results from the store locator states ” No Stores Found” this is for prime metros in India, this really doesn’t sound good when a you are trying to sell a ₹ 20,000.00 product. However, Livpure promises two FREE onsite preventive maintenance visits during the warranty period of 12 months.
Conclusion: Livpure Touch 2000 RO water purifier is a well designed product with best in class technology. The advanced 7 stage water purification technology and great telephone support network attributes to the success Livpure Touch 2000 plus RO. The water purifier is retailing at ₹ 17,990.00 and is also available on Amazon.in from ₹ 14,990.00. Amazon.in is the authorized reseller of Livpure products. At this price point, I would recommend to go for the Livpure Touch 2000+ for better technology and features, check out our in-depth review here..