- Editor Rating
- Rated 3 stars
- Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD RO+UV+MTDS
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- BuildEditor: 75%
- TechnologyEditor: 90%
- DesignEditor: 65%
- ServiceEditor: 30%
- PriceEditor: 50%
Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD Review: Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD series of water purifiers are equipped with best in class purification system which works for various water sources like taps, bore wells or water tankers. Dr. Aquaguard Magna is offered in 3 variants; Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD RO+UV+MTDS, Magna NXT HD RO and Magna NXT HD UV.
Dr.Aquaguard™ Magna NXT, a Universal water purifier that offers best in class purification system which works for various water conditions (1-2000 mg/litre). Equipped with advanced TDS Regulator that enables adjustment of the purification process as per the source of water, it provides 100% safe, healthy & tasty drinking water.
I had a chance to get my hands on the Dr. Aquaguard Magna RO+UV+MTDS water purifier and here’s my review that gets you insights on the device and explains the differences of the variants of Magna NXT.
Build: Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT is made with high quality food grade, non-toxic, engineering grade plastics. Such plastic is considered nontoxic and BPA free, this keeps the water bacteria free even when stored for longer duration, however, it is not recommended to store purified water for more than 48 hours. The water purifier is flexible to be wall mounted or installed over a table top and it does not eat up the kitchen real estate, thanks to its W316 x D251 x H462 (mm) dimensions that make it look really neat & tall. The body corners are neat, elegant without any wire clutter, sharp corners or gaps between the side panels. The large 7 liter water tank is well built and sufficient to hold water for the entire day. The push type water dispenser placed at the top of the water purifier feels sturdy and is well built. The net weight of the water purifier varies based on the variant as higher variants have additional filters equipped with the device, the base model Magna NXT UV weighs 5.3 kgs and the top end model Magna NXT RO+UV+MDTS weighs 8.2 kgs. I’m surprised that Dr. Aquaguard Magna doesn’t have an inbuilt stabilizer to handle voltage fluctuations, which is quite common with competing brands.
Technology: Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT series of water purifiers are offered in different variants and the water purification methods are different for each variant, this enables users to choose the product based on the requirement without paying premiums for unwanted filters. Here’s a snapshot of water purification methods for each variant of Dr. Aquaguard Magna
Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD UV: Suitable only for tap water (municipal or corporation water)
- HCCB (Hybrid Carbon Chemical Block) Cartridge
- Advanced Mineral Guard
- UV Treatment
- NutriTron Cartridge
- Biotron Cartridge
Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD RO: Suitable for tap and bore well water
- HCCB (Hybrid Carbon Chemical Block) Cartridge
- HD RO Membrane ( HD transaltes to high density)
- Mineral Guard
- NutriTron Cartridge
- Biotron Cartridge
Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD RO+UV+MDTS: Universal water purifier that is suitable for any source of water (bore well or tap or water tankers), this variant is equipped with all the filters seen in Magna UV & RO and the following additional filters
- MTDS Regulator – Multi TDS regulator that adjusts the water purification process as per the source of water.
Here’s how each of the filter works within the water purifier
- HCCB Cartridge: The Hybrid Carbon Chemi Block adsorbs color, odor, organic impurities, excess chlorine, pesticides and volatile organic compounds from the water. Its unique technology helps prevent microbial growth and removes chlorination by-products.
- Mineral Guard: Primarily used in UV purification process, Mineral Guard produces electronic impulses to prevent scaling on the quartz glass tube of UV chamber, thereby ensuring optimal UV penetration in water.
- UV Chamber: Ultra Violet (UV) disinfects the water by eliminating waterborne disease causing bacteria, viruses and protozoa.
- NutriTron Cartridge: Enhances the taste of water and increases the level of essential minerals which help in improved health and body functions, at the same time, balancing the pH of water, making it healthy.
- Biotron Cartridge: Breaks complex water molecules into fine micro-clusters, making water more bio-permeable, so that your body can easily absorb the goodness of water.
- HD RO Cartridge: Reduces TDS, hardness, pesticides and heavy metals like arsenic, lead and mercury. Eliminates microorganisms like bacteria, virus, protozoa etc.
The high-end version can handle water TDS levels up to 2000 ppm with average water recovery of approximately 25% (that means 25% of water is purified e.g. 100 liters of input water can yield 25 liters of drinking water), this is on par with many domestic water purifiers, however, A.O Smith and Blue Star water purifiers can recover water up to 30%. Purified water flow rate is impressive at 15 liters per hour and has a maximum capacity of over 280 liters per day. The 11 W UV lamp isn’t really powerful but just sufficient and has a life of 8000 burning hours.
- # Universal water purifier-Automatically selects the right purification process as per input water, Maintains the mineral content in the water as required by our body. # Mineral Cartridge- Removes residual dissolved harmful gases like VOCs and increases the level of Calcium and Magnesium minerals in the water, Enhances the health of the water by slowly releasing Calcium & Magnesium and balances the pH of water.
- # Biotron Cartridge- Breaks complex water molecules into fine micro clusters making water more bio-permeable so that our body can easily absorb the goodness of water along with its much needed nutrients, Easy cellular absorption, fast detoxification, improved intercellular communication, more blood circulation and improved oxygen transportation. Healthy water with anti-aging benefits. # HD RO Membrane- Eradicates every trace of dissolved impurities, along with chemical and organic contaminants.
- # Intelligent Alert Interface- Alerts users and gives them a warning when the purification system requires maintenance or the cartridges need to be replaced, Convenient for customers to check the service life and call for service . # HD Filter- Removes turbidity and other fine suspended particles such as dust, dirt, mud and sand, Customer gets crystal clear water free from any foreign unwanted particles.
- # HCCB Cartridge- Removes excess chlorine, bad odour, colour and organic impurities. It also removes new age contaminants like heavy metals like Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, Chromium and pesticides. # E.MLE- Prevents the scaling inside the membrane by removing calcium and magnesium through electro magnetic impulses, Enhancing the life of the membrane and maintains the flow rate.
- # Unique e-boiling+- Ensures that every drop of water is as pure and safe as water that has been boiled for over 20 minutes, Eliminates all disease-causing bacteria, virus, protozoa-cysts and delivery Healthy water. # Electronic level Sensor- It is like a conductivity sensor and it cut off the unit once it touches the senosrs, Maintains the water level in the tank and there wont be any half tank cut off.
Last update on 2018-06-25
Design: Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT is one of the most stylishly designed water purifier from Eureka Forbes, it is nice to see manufacturers focusing on the design aspect as most of the consumers do not want to a spoiler hanging around in their expensive kitchen. Aquaguard Magna NXT looks tall and neat with the black front panel, the device is easy to use and the intelligent alert interface indicates the different functions of the water purifier, like purification process, service alerts and more. Given its high price point, lack of a digital touch enabled LCD/LED screen may not go well with many consumers. The manual water flush port is thoughtfully placed below the water purifier and it doesn’t show out to make the device look clutter free.
Service & Price: Eureka Forbes is one of the largest and oldest water purifier brands in India and is well known for its PAN India service network, however, with growing demand for water purifiers, the service satisfactory levels have drastically dropped in many towns and cities if not all of them. Many consumers are venting their anger on social media and other e-commerce portals or poor quality of service, but, if you are living in any of the metros, any good local technician can fix the device. Eureka Forbes offers AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) at different price points starting from ₹ 2,000 to ₹ 5,000 wherein you get 2 periodic services plus any replacements if required, this can be a ripoff if the service network isn’t great at your place. Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT is retailing at ₹ 18,290.00 and is available online at Amazon.in from ₹ 16,490.00, customers are eligible for the same manufacture warranty.
Conclusion: Dr. Aquaguard Magna NXT HD RO+UV+MTDS is one of the most technologically advanced water purifiers with its patented filters like Biotron and NutriTron membranes that help you to retain natural minerals in water. However, post sales service and poor customer service response make this product feel just ordinary. It is high time Eureka Forbes gets a handle on customer service issues to prevent further damage, the brand image has already taken a beating, many customers are venting their anger on social media and other e-commerce websites. I would recommend buying this only if you are picky about Eureka Forbes water purifiers and have a good technician that services your home, else, there’s plenty of choice out in the market from Blue Star, A. O.Smith, Pureit and other brands at better price and service levels. Check out our top 10 rated water purifiers in India.