- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- A.O. Smith Z7+ Hot Water Purifier
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- BuildEditor: 90%
- TechnologyEditor: 90%
- DesignEditor: 80%
- ServiceEditor: 75%
- PriceEditor: 90%
- Excellent features
- One touch water dispensing
- Multi-temperature hot water
- No manual option to dispense water
- Lacks water cooling option
A.O. Smith Z7+ Hot Water Purifier Review: A. O. Smith Corporation is an American manufacturer of both residential and commercial water heaters and boilers and it is the largest manufacturer of water heaters in North America. The company has 24 locations worldwide and have recently set their footprint in India with the launch of water purifiers and water heaters. Having reviewed over 50 water purifier models across different brands in India, I’ve got my hands on the A. O. Smith Z7+ Hot water purifier and it is very similar to the A. O. Smith Z6+ Hot water purifier that we’ve reviewed yesterday. Let’s see on how they differ from each other.
A.O. Smith Z6+ Hot vs A. O. Smith Z7+ Hot water purifier: While both follow a 7 step water purification process and share the same filters, their features and physical appearance are different. Z7+ Hot has one touch water dispensing feature and does not have a knob to turn on water manually, on the other hand, Z6+ Hot doesn’t have one touch water dispensing, but follows a traditional water faucet to dispense water. If you live in a city with frequent power cuts and don’t have a power back up at home, A. O. Smith Z7+ Hot cannot dispense water without electricity.
Build: A.O. Smith Z7+ Hot is made with food grade, non-toxic, engineering grade plastics. Such plastic is considered nontoxic and BPA free, this keeps the water bacteria free even when stored for longer duration. The water purifier is flexible to be installed on a table top or wall mounted and it does not eat up the kitchen real estate, thanks to its W322 x D368 x H480 (mm) dimensions that make it look really neat & compact. The body corners are neat, elegant without any sharp corners or gaps between the side panels. The large 10 liter water tank is well built and split to handle 9.2 liters of room temperature water and 0.8 liters of hot water in a stainless steel tank.
Technology: A. O. Smith Z7+ Hot water purifier is equipped with an advanced 7 stage water purification process that includes Pre-filter + Sediment filter + Pre Carbon filter + Side Stream RO + MIN-TECH (Mineralizer Technology) + Silver Activated Post Carbon and SCMT (Silver Charged Membrane Technology) filter. These powerful filters can remove TDS greater than 95% and help in water recovery up to 30% without slowing down the water flow rate at 15 liters per hour.
The water purifier is equipped with an inbuilt stabilizer to handle input voltage capacity between 150 to 300 VAC. A.O. Smith Z7+ Hot has 7 stages of water purification;
- Stage 1 – Pre-filter: The Pre-filter is used to remove physical contaminants such as dirt, dust, soil particles, turbidity present in the water. This improves the life of the Sediment filter.
- Stage 2 – Sediment filter: The Sediment filter is used to remove fine and coarse physical contaminants present in the water.This improves life of the Pre Carbon filter and ensures efficient working of RO membrane.
- Stage 3 – Pre carbon filter: The Pre Carbon filter uses carbon block with high adsorbtion capacity which reduces harmful chemicals including pesticides, volatile organic compounds, residual chlorine etc., from water. It also adsorbs bad taste and odour causing organic compounds from water.
- Stage 4 – RO (Reverse Osmosis) membrane: RO membrane contains semi-permeable membrane wherein the water is passed through the semi-permeable membrane to remove TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) and heavy metals like mercury, arsenic, lead, chromium, cadmium etc. It also removes microorganisms like bacteria, virus, protozoa and cysts.
- Stage 5 – MIN TECH (Mineralizer Technology):The MIN-TECH contains Calcium and Magnesium minerals which helps to improve the taste and quality of water. It adds the required essential minerals back to water and balances the pH of water.
- Stage 6 – Silver Activated Post Carbon: Water is passed through Silver Activated Post Carbon which acts as polisher and enhances the taste of water.
- Stage 7 – SCMT filter (Silver Charged Membrane Technology): In the final stage, water is passed through SCMT filter which ensures double purification of water making it pure & sure for drinking.
A. O. Smith Z7+ Hot water purifier is equipped with all the bells & whistles, filter change indicators and I like the child lock feature that turns on automatically when the water temperature is more than 50 degree centigrade.
- Color: Black
- Purity through 7-stage purification technology, pre-filter, sediment filter, pre carbon filter, side-stream RO membrane, min-tech, silver activated post carbon, silver charge membrane technology and 100 percent of the water passes through the RO membrane and min-tech technology ensures addition of essential minerals in drinking water
- Mineralised hot water at the press of a button and it is useful for preparing quick cup of tea, baby food, soaking lentils, soothing a sore throat etc.
- WQA certified patented side stream RO membrane
- It looks very beautiful and is useful when you wake up for water in the night
- Twin Advance Alert for Filters: Digital display tell you in advance when the RO membrane and other filters have to be changed
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 48 watts
- Includes: Water purifier
Last update on 2018-07-01
Design: Hands-down, A.O. Smith Z7+ Hot Water Purifier is one of the best looking, intuitive, sleek and stylish water purifiers that can blend with any modular kitchen that you have. It is one of the few water purifiers in the market that can dispense hot water in different temperatures, 45 and 85 degree centigrade. A. O. Z7+ is brilliantly designed and intuitive to use, alarms are self explanatory on the digital screen, the night vision is handy to guide you to the water purifier with its glow factor and there are other great features and is practically to pen down all of them in this review. The one touch water dispensing option is an excellent feature that works only when the device is powered on.
Service & Price: A.O Smith is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka and has regional presence in Mumbai and Delhi. A.O. Smith water purifiers are sold and serviced in major cities of India and the company plans to expand its presence to other cities very soon. The pre-filters and sediment pre-carbon filters have an average lifespan of 2500 liters, MIN-TECH will last up to 6000 liters of water and the expensive RO membrane can purify between 6000 to 12000 liters of water depending on the input quality. A.O. Smith Z7+ Hot water purifier is retailing at ₹ 26,250.00 and is available online at Amazon.in from ₹ 23,000.00, customers are eligible for the same 2 year warranty and free installation when purchased online at Amazon.in. A few customers complain on the high filter replacement costs, this is inevitable with poor source water quality. A. O. Smith also offers annual maintenance contracts that cover unexpected breakdowns or to avoid high filter replacement costs.
Conclusion: A.O. Smith Z7+ Hot water purifier is one of the most intuitive, feature packed, stylish water purifier with robust technology that can perfectly fit in any modular kitchen. The 7 stage water purification is best in-class that can remove over 95% TDS from water. The hassle free annual maintenance cost is a good option to protect your investment. Having an option to dispense cold water along with hot water may be a good option, but, that will not be a deal breaker. A. O. Smith Z7+ Hot water purifier is retailing at ₹ 24,500.00 and is available online at Amazon.in from ₹ 23,000.00, customers are eligible for the same 2 year warranty and free installation when purchased online at Amazon.in.