- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- A.O. Smith X7 Water Purifier
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- BuildEditor: 65%
- TechnologyEditor: 85%
- DesignEditor: 70%
- ServiceEditor: 70%
- PriceEditor: 65%
- 7 Stage Purification Technology
- Large water tank
- Small water dispensing compartment
- Really simple digital dashboard
A.O. Smith X7 Water Purifier Review: A.O. Smith X7 is a 100% RO water purifier that enhances the taste of water with its unique MIN-TECH (Mineralizer Technology).
A.O. Smith Corporation is an American manufacturer of both residential and commercial water heaters and boilers and it is the largest manufacturer of water heaters in North America. The company has 24 locations worldwide and have recently set their footprint in India with the launch of water purifiers and water heaters.
I had a chance to get my hands on the A. O. Smith X7 water purifier and here’s my review.
A.O. Smith X7 vs A. O. Smith X6: Many of you would be wondering on how does A. O. Smith X7 differ from X6 model. While both the models are physically unchanged in dimensions, X6 model has an UV lamp instead of Silver Charged Membrane technology, X6 is not offered with ColorMatch System and X7 is offered with 4 color options, the final difference is obviously the price between the 2 water purifier models.
Build: A.O. Smith X7 is made with food grade, non-toxic, engineering grade plastics. Such plastic is considered nontoxic and BPA free, this keeps the water bacteria free even when stored for longer duration. The water purifier is flexible to be installed on a table top or wall mounted and it does not eat up the kitchen real estate, thanks to its W310 x D305 x H490 (mm) dimensions that make it look really neat & tall. The body corners are neat, elegant without any sharp corners or gaps between the side panels. The large 9 liter water tank is well built and sufficient to hold water for the entire day.
Technology: A.O. Smith X7 water purifier is equipped with an advanced 7 stage water purification process that includes Pre-filter + Sediment filter + Pre Carbon filter + Side Stream RO + MIN-TECH (Mineralizer Technology) + Silver Activated Post Carbon and SCMT (Silver Charged Membrane Technology) filter. These powerful filters can remove TDS greater than 95% and help in water recovery up to 30% without slowing down the water flow rate at 15 liters per hour.
The water purifier is equipped with an inbuilt stabilizer to handle input voltage capacity between 150 to 300 VAC. A. O. Smith X7 has 7 stages of purification;
- Stage 1 – Pre-filter: The Pre-filter is used to remove physical contaminants such as dirt, dust, soil particles, turbidity present in the water. This improves the life of the Sediment filter.
- Stage 2 – Sediment filter: The Sediment filter is used to remove fine and coarse physical contaminants present in the water.This improves life of the Pre Carbon filter and ensures efficient working of RO membrane.
- Stage 3 – Pre carbon filter: The Pre Carbon filter uses carbon block with high adsorbtion capacity which reduces harmful chemicals including pesticides, volatile organic compounds, residual chlorine etc., from water. It also adsorbs bad taste and odour causing organic compounds from water.
- Stage 4 – RO (Reverse Osmosis) membrane: RO membrane contains semi-permeable membrane wherein the water is passed through the semi-permeable membrane to remove TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) and heavy metals like mercury, arsenic, lead, chromium, cadmium etc. It also removes microorganisms like bacteria, virus, protozoa and cysts.
- Stage 5 – MIN TECH (Mineralizer Technology):The MIN-TECH contains Calcium and Magnesium minerals which helps to improve the taste and quality of water. It adds the required essential minerals back to water and balances the pH of water.
- Stage 6 – Silver Activated Post Carbon: Water is passed through Silver Activated Post Carbon which acts as polisher and enhances the taste of water.
- Stage 7 – SCMT filter (Silver Charged Membrane Technology): In the final stage, water is passed through SCMT filter which ensures double purification of water making it pure & sure for drinking.
A. O. Smith X7 water purifier is equipped with all the bells & whistles, filter change indicators and the LED display panel is very easy to read without any clutter. The auto flushing option is handy to flush out impurities and clean the RO membrane frequently.
Design: A.O. Smith X7 Water Purifier is definitely larger than it looks, it is actually quite tall that helps to hold the large 9 liter water tank. The ColorMatch system gives you an option to choose from 4 colors; passion red, Yale blue, electric blue and splendor lilac. A. O. Smith X7 is flexible to be installed on a table top or wall mounted, table top option can get a little tricky when you want to fill large water bottles as they don’t fit in-between the water faucet and the bottom drip tray, however, the water purifier has an option to remove the drip tray to fill large containers and removing the drip tray frequently can get messy. The transparent water level bar is neat and easy to view the water level, at this price point, I would prefer having a illuminated water level indicator. Water knob looks more like a car air-conditioner rotary and you can control the speed of water flow. Overall design looks near without any clutter or odd shapes on the exterior.
Service & Price: A.O Smith is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka and has regional presence in Mumbai and Delhi. A. O. Smith water purifiers are sold and serviced in major cities of India and the company plans to expand its presence to other cities very soon. The pre-filters and sediment pre-carbon filters have an average lifespan of 2500 liters, MIN-TECH will last up to 6000 liters of water and the expensive RO membrane can purify between 6000 to 12000 liters of water depending on the input quality. A. O. Smith X7 water purifier is retailing at ₹ 20,250.00 and is available online at Amazon.in from ₹ 17,800.00, customers are eligible for the same 2 year warranty and free installation when purchased online at Amazon.in.
Conclusion: A.O. Smith X7 water purifier is a well packaged device with neat features, powerful water filters and the unique MIN-TECH (Mineralizer Technology) that adjusts the ph value of purified water for better taste. The 7 stage water purification is best in-class that can remove over 95% TDS from water and reduces 30% water wastage. If you can stretch your budget a little higher, I would still recommend the A.O.Smith Z6 or Z7 water purifier. A. O. Smith X7 water purifier is retailing at ₹ 20,250.00 and is available online at Amazon.in from ₹ 17,800.00, customers are eligible for the same 2 year warranty and free installation when purchased online at Amazon.in.